Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Time After Time

Has it seriously already been 36 weeks since I started school? I know this because I haven't backed up my iPad that the school has given me and Apple keeps notifying me that it's been X weeks since my last back up. (That's right, keep judging techies... and guess what? My classmates can also vouch for me --- I have over 50,000 ---that's right, five zero COMMA zero zero zero unread emails.)

I think from that alone can already tell you what I've been up to.  B-U-S-Y. The only e-mail I even have on notifications is my school e-mail. Suddenly, all those sales that Express or Banana Republic e-mailed me about have long ended by the time I get to them. Even on my one designated "day" off that I allow myself after a week of hard work, I am too busy enjoying my day of rest! I have learned that in order to be successful in PA school, it takes a good balance.

Who really wakes up every day saying "Golly, I sure LOVE grad school! I love being broke and I love having to take at least one exam every week and go through hours of class everyday just to go home and study it all over again!" But with a combination of thinking ahead and reflecting back, I'm learning to really appreciate and take it all in.

This is it. This is the last time I'll get to sit in a room with 15 of my other classmates, no more like brothers and sisters and learn new things everyday. This is the last time really when I want a study break, I can easily hit up someone to get froyo. This is the last time where I'll get close to instant gratification (depending on how long it takes Mike to grade our exams - HA, kidding) after busting my gluteus maximus to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment